Asus RT-AC5300 tri-band Gigabit wifi gaming router comes with MU-MIMO technology and supports AiMesh for Mesh wifi system to create a powerful and flexible whole-home wifi network. The Asus tri-band wifi router boosts speeds up to 5334Mbps for low-latency online gaming, smooth 4K UHD video playback and fast file sharing. NitroQAM technology supported by Asus RT-AC5300 provides a seamless experience, ensuring everyone on a network to enjoy seamless and smooth streaming. In this blog, we will provide you with some tips on Asus RT-AC5300 router configuration. You might face some issues while accessing your router. So we will try to troubleshoot your router issues.
Router setup via a wired connection
To set up your Asus router using a wired connection, make sure you follow the instructions given below
- First of all, insert your Asus router’s AC adapter to the DC-IN port and plug into an electrical outlet.
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect your computer to the LAN port of your wireless router.
- Connect your modem to the WAN port of your wireless router using another Ethernet cable.
- Finally, insert the modem’s adapter to the DC-IN port and plug into an electrical outlet.
- Power on your computer, modem and Asus router.
Asus RT-AC5300 login instructions
The Asus RT-AC5300 router has a web interface for its configuration. You can use the web browser of your choice in order to log in to your Asus router.
Enter Asus RT-AC5300 router’s IP address
Enter the Asus RT-AC5300 router’s default IP address which is http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar of your browser.
You can also use the default web address of Asus router which is http://router.asus.com.
Asus router default username and password
You are required to know about the default username and password to login to the Asus RT-AC5300 router. When a login dialog box appears on your screen, enter default username and password of your router and after that, click on ‘Log In.’
Asus RT-AC5300 username: admin
Asus RT-AC5300 password: admin
By typing these default login details, you will be successfully logged in to your Asus router to complete the Asus RT-AC5300 configuration.
Asus RT-AC5300 router configuration
The web interface of the Asus router will guide you through the setup process of your router. Once you are logged into the GUI of your Asus router using the Asus RT-AC5300 login instructions, you can make several changes with the settings of your router. Follow the steps which are given below to complete the setup process of the Asus router.
- The Asus wireless router will detect automatically if your ISP connection is PPPoE, Dynamic IP, PPTP or L2TP. (The auto-detection takes place when you configure your wireless router for the first time.)
- You can manually configure your connection settings as well.
- Firstly, assign the network name (SSID) and security key for your 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless connection, then click ‘Apply.’
- Proceed to wireless security; use ‘Security Mode’ to select ‘WPA-2’ Personal as it is the strongest security available to protect your wireless router.
- Click on the WPA Pre-shared key to change the default password of your Asus router to make it more secured. Use a complex password and click ‘Apply’ to save the changes.
- You can make other changes with the settings of your Asus router according to your needs. Make sure you click ‘Apply’ in order to save the changes you just made.
- Click ‘Finish’ to complete the setup process.
Asus RT-AC5300 Firmware update
It is important to upgrade the firmware of your Asus router time to time as it fixes bugs and improves the performance.
- Download the latest firmware version from the Asus official website which is http://www.asus.com.
- To upgrade the firmware, from the Navigation Panel, go to ‘Advanced settings,’ then on ‘Administration’ and click on ‘Firmware Upgrade’ tab.
- In the new firmware field, click ‘Browse’ to upload the downloaded file.
- Finally, click ‘Upload.’
How to reset AC-RT5300 router?
If you have been facing issues while logging into the Asus RT-AC5300 router then it might be time to reset the router back to its factory default settings. To reset the Asus router, press down the reset button for 10 seconds with the help of paperclip or any other object while the router is still on. Release the button after few and wait for the router to restart.
- Do not turn off or unplug the router during the reset button.
- Reset will erase all the settings you have ever made in the past.
If you face any issue during Asus RT-AC5300 router configuration due to miscellaneous reasons or in case, you have any other query related to Asus RT-AC5300 router, then you can call us on our toll-free number and get in contact with our router and extender experts. Our experts are available round the clock to resolve any router related issues.