Asus router setup is a bit different in console and interface but it is similar to any other wireless router. Asus router comes with plenty of features, and to control those features, you need to navigate to Asus router setup. Asus router setup is very easy and quick because of its responsive web-based interface. In this article, we will show you how to set up an Asus wireless router without any hassle. You just have to follow the instructions we are giving below.
Before we jump to Asus router setup, the main thing is how to access Asus router login page. Accessing the Asus router login page is necessary to access Asus router setup. So we will first understand how to access Asus router login page. Follow the below given steps carefully:
First of all, make sure that you connect your Asus wireless router with your cable modem and computer. For this, you need two Ethernet cables. Connect your Asus wireless router with the modem by plugging the one end of the Ethernet cable into the router and another end into the modem. Now, using another Ethernet cable, connect your Asus wireless router with the computer and power On both the devices.
Asus Router Login
- Connect your computer with the wireless network of the Asus router.
- Launch a web browser on your computer that is connected with the router. Enter the default IP address of your Asus wireless router into the address bar and click Go.
- Now, you will see a small login window on your screen, asking for router username and password.
- Enter “admin” in both the fields as a default value and click Login.
If you can see Asus router setup page on your screen, it means you have successfully logged into the Asus router setup.
Asus router setup:
After you have entered into the GUI (Graphical User Interface) of your Asus router, now follow these below-given steps:
- Navigate to WAN tab on the left side of your Asus router setup page.
- Now select connection type as PPPoE. Now, enter username and password into Account settings.
- Now you will be navigated to Wireless setup page. You need to configure your wireless settings.
- Set a Network Name (SSID) and Network Key (Passphrase) for your wireless router.
Configuring your wireless network settings help you prevent your wireless network from any unauthorized person or device. This is a type of authentication process to save your wireless network from any miss-use. In case, you are unable to set up your Asus wireless router due to some issue, don’t worry, we have a solution for that also. Press the reset button with the help of a paperclip or any other similar item and hold it for few seconds. Now, the router will restart, so that settings take effect. Now, again connect your computer with the router and perform the above-given steps to set up your Asus router successfully.