This page will teach you how to reset password on Asus router by using two different ways. Before we proceed to the main topic, let us first tell you that resetting an Asus wireless router is a very easy task. First of all, we will explain you how to reset password on Asus router using Asus router account username and Asus router default password. Let’s have a look at the process.
1. Soft Reset
The process of resetting an Asus router using Asus router account username and Asus router default password is known as Soft Reset process. After following the below mentioned steps, you can easily configure your router again.
• Firstly, make sure that your router is in working state and connected to the computer.
• Go to your computer and launch a web browser. In the address bar, enter the default IP address of your Asus wireless router i.e. 192.168.1.1.
• Now the browser will take you to the Asus router login page where you need to fill up Asus router account username and Asus router default password.
• Press Enter or click on the Login tab. The Asus router login page will direct you to the Asus router homepage.
• Now that you are on Asus router homepage, look for the Administration tab.
• Hit the tab and then go to the Restore/default settings.
• Click on the Restore tab and let the Asus router process the command. Your router may take a few minutes to restore factory default settings.
2. Hard Reset
The process of resetting a router through the reset/push button is known as Hard Reset process.
• Look for the push button on the bottom of the Asus router.
• Press the button and hold it for a few seconds until all the LED lights on your router light up.
• Now release the push button and wait while your router gets back to the factory default settings.
Can’t login to Asus router?
It is a troublesome situation when you Can’t login to Asus router through your computer or mobile. So we are putting down some of the troubleshooting steps that will help you get rid of this issue.
1. If you can’t login to Asus router, use any other web browser. If still the same issue pops up, go to the next step.
2. Make sure you are using correct Asus router account username and Asus router default password at the time of login. Check the bottom of the router to verify router login credentials.
3. If you have performed above mentioned steps and still can’t login to Asus router, go for router reset. Look above to learn how to reset password on Asus router.
Asus router setup
In case you don’t how the process of Asus router setup, we have discussed how to set up Asus router below. Make sure follow the instruction very carefully in order to avoid facing an issue.
1. First of all, log into the Asus wireless router using your Asus router login credentials.
2. After you log into the router, you will see the router homepage on your screen.
3. Navigate to Quick Internet Setup tab and set up the type of Internet connection on your Asus wireless router.
4. Now set up the basic wireless setting for your network. This includes a wireless key, SSID, wireless radio channel.
5. Make sure you assign your network an easy-to-remember SSID and wireless key.
6. Choose a wireless radio channel that is less congested. You can choose either 1, 6, 11.
7. After configuring router wireless settings, save the settings.
8. Give your router a little to process the settings and command. It will automatically reboot.
9. Reconnect to your wireless network and check whether the router is connected to the Internet.
So this page was all about teaching you how to reset password on Asus router and Asus router setup. In case, you still face an issue while attempting to reset your router or setting it up, call us on our 24×7 Toll-Free number and we will be more than happy to help you. Thank you for reading the page.